We have compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Village Green fertilization and weed control plan.
How much does it cost?
Small Lawn = $55 to $65 plus tax per visit.
Medium Lawn = $65 to $85 plus tax per visit (medium is the average size for most customers.)
Large Lawn = $85 to $120 plus tax per visit.
How many visits and what does each visit cover?
We come 8 times in a calendar year (it equals about every month to month and a half.) See page 3 for an example plan.
Do I need to be home when you visit?
No. You do not need to be home as long as we have access to your lawn. If you request, we can send a visit reminder via automated text or email the day before which lets you know we will be out the following day.
Is this safe for my children and pets?
Yes. We’ve been treating lawns since 1980, which is a lot of lawns that have seen a lot of activity by children and pets and in all of those years we’ve not had a single incident. The reality is that once the product is dry (usually within an hour depending on the weather conditions) the lawn is fine for kids and pets to be in it. Another important fact is that after we add water to our products, the total amount of weed control products on the lawn is only a few tablespoons. If that still doesn’t convince you to consider this, Ken Hyatt, our Founder and President (who is a well-known dog lover) lets his pooches run free an hour after treatment on his own lawn.
My city has water restrictions, will I have to plan my visits around my watering day?
No. While most of our products need to be watered in, anything we use is good without water for up to two weeks.
Is our program organic?
No. If you are looking for an organic service, we recommend Soils Alive. They are a company that specializes in organic programs. An important thing to consider is that while there is such a thing as an effective organic fertilizer program, there is NO such thing as an organic weed control program in this area. All organic companies use the same products we use for weed prevention and control.
Is there a contract I have to sign?
No. We don’t believe in contracts for lawn health programs. We allow our customers to stop at any time. Another reason we don’t hold customers to a contract is that we’re confident with our expertise in this area that we’ll deliver the results you want for your lawn.
How do I pay?
We leave an invoice on your door after service and you can pay by writing a check and mailing it back to our office. For those that like to handle things electronically, we can set you up with an online account and you can pay per visit or create an auto-pay. For those that want to pre-pay for the full year, we offer a 5% discount.
Is there a pre-pay discount?
Yes. You can save 5% when you pre-pay for all your current year’s visits.
You’re more expensive than the national companies. What’s different about Village Green’s service?
There are many reasons why Village Green is a good investment for a healthy and happy lawn.
1. We have 40 years of local experience of maintaining healthy lawns through droughts, floods, triple-digit weather, and single-digit weather in North Texas. We are locally owned and operated and we have the longevity and expertise that other companies do not.
2. If you have questions, comments, concerns or praise you can call our offices and you will be able to speak with someone local who is responsive to you. If you prefer, you can email us and expect the same response. We value our customers and do everything in our power to keep them and their lawns happy.
3. All lawn services give free re-treatment visits but most companies don’t want to do them so they wait for you to call. If we know you have difficult weeds to control, or an out of the ordinary issue in your lawn, our technicians will schedule extra visits to make sure your lawn is taken care of.
4. When the technician visits, they will make notes of conditions he sees in your lawn. Those conditions will be sent to you in an after-service email. If we see a condition that is especially important for you to know about such as severe drought stress or leaking sprinkler system, they will notify our office and we will call and email you so you are aware of the issue and can decide the best course of action to resolve.
5. The technician will take several photos of your lawn during each visit. Those photos give us running documentation of your lawn and how it is responding to our visits throughout the year.
6. We are not a one-size-fits-all service. The technician will tailor what he is treating your lawn with based upon your type of grass and the condition it is in. During most of the year bermuda lawns will receive different fertilizer and weed control products than St. Augustine and zoysia lawns. If your lawn is half bermuda and half St. Augustine, we will treat each of those areas differently. This takes more time but it’s important because they are different plants and need different treatments to stay healthy.
7. In the end, the biggest difference is our philosophy. We learned a long time ago that our customers aren’t paying us to sling fertilizer and squirt weeds. They are paying us to have a nice-looking lawn and landscape that they don’t have to worry about. That’s what makes Village Green different from other companies, and if you look at our reviews, you’ll see that we deliver.
If you are interested in hearing more about what Village Green has to offer, give us a call at 972-495-6990. We’ve been helping our North Texas neighbors get a healthier lawn since 1980 and would love to earn your business.